The Building Services Division is responsible for the application and administration of State and local building regulations. These minimum standards are designed to safeguard life, health, property, and the public welfare by regulating and controlling the design and construction of all buildings and structures within the City of Garden Grove. The division consists of the following sections:
Permits Section/Records Building Abatement Section
Permit Application Form Substandard Housing
Declaration Form Substandard Nonresidential Building
Permit And Plan Check Fees Report A Complaint
Obtaining A Building Permit
Obtaining Building Records
Plan Check Section Administration
Building Codes Permit Extension
Plan Check Process Flowchart Plan Check Extension
Disabled Access Hardship Exemption
Scheduling An Inspection
Homeowners and builders are encouraged to visit the Permit Center in City Hall to learn more about the codes, plan checks, and the permitting and inspection process.
The Building Abatement Unit's primary objectives is to bring substandard housing into compliance with State and City codes, reduced unsafe housing conditions, and preserve the high quality of life in Garden Grove's neighborhoods. For more information, click here.
Building Services Information Sheets:
- 2010 California Building Code
- Building Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting a Construction Permit
For more information, please call 714-741-5307.
For questions or comments, please contact Building Services.
Other useful links:
- International Code Council (ICC)
- California Building Officials (CALBO)
- Contractor's State License Board (CSLB)
- California Architect's Board
- California Energy Commission
- CEC Consumer Energy Center
- Inspect A Pedia
- Mike Holt Enterprises
- California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- O.C. Health Department
- California Building and Standards Commission
| Translate Page||X|