GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)
Our GIS system can be used to determine preliminary locations of property lines and utility information. To access the City's GIS files you must download and install the Autodesk MapGuide viewer® available here:
Please note you must use Internet Explorer 7 or greater to view maps properly and the City does not provide any assistance or warranties with this process.
Once you have installed the MapGuide software you may find the following files useful:
First time users may want to view some instructions. here: http://www.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/?q=commdev/maproom/instructions
- Basic property line dimensions can be found here:
- You can determine your Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) and view your property's aerial photograph when you zoom into your address here: http://gis.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/mwf/city.mwf (right click on map, go to zoom and enter your address, click on aerial photo on the list to turn on the view). To view your APN move your cusor over your property and the data will be displayed.
- Basic sewer line locations can be found here: http://gis.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/mwf/pubworks/sewer.mwf just click on your location.
- Basic waterline locations can be found here: http://gis.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/mwf/pubworks/water.mwf just zoom into your location.
- Basic storm drain locations can be found here: http://gis.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/mwf/pubworks/storm_water.mwf
ASSESSOR'S PARCEL MAPS (APM)
If you know your Assessor's Parcel Number(APN) you can view the APM by downloading the APM books available here.
If you do not know you APN please see the GIS section above or refer to your title report.
PARCEL MAPS, TRACT MAPS, RECORD OF SURVEY and MISC. MAPS
Recorded property information can be found in the following sections:
If you do not know which recorded document applies to your property please review the Assessor's Parcel Map or your title report. Often the Parcel, Tract or Misc. Map no.'s along with the Record of Survey No.'s are listed on the bottom of the APM drawing.
CENTERLINE TIES, TRACT TIES and CITY BENCH MARKS
IMPROVEMENT PLANS - STREET, STORM DRAIN, WATER, AND SEWER
Copies of improvement plans can be downloaded from the link below. IF A LOGIN WINDOW POPS UP JUST HIT CANCEL AND YOU WILL GET ACCESS. You will be forwarded to a document search program. Enter in the street you are interested in (or other information) and you will obtain a list of everything we have for that reach or area. Of course you can narrow the search by entering in more information in the spaces provided, but you do not need to fill in every blank to have it work. Please note the sewer, water and traffic select buttons at the bottom of the search program; select them if you wish for those files to be returned as well. Please be advised that this is the same program staff uses to retrieve information.
WHAT THE ENGINEERING DIVISION DOES NOT HAVE
Recorded deeds, easements, instruments or the like specific to your parcel Please see the Frequently Asked Questions section. Utility drawings for Southern California Edison, AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner Communications, XO Communications, Southern California Gas Company, and any other “dry utility” of similar nature. You may contact these companies for any required information; we suggest using their Internet portals for contact information
| Translate Page||X|