Garden Grove Home Page

Engineering Division

pw-engineering.jpgContact Engineering Division: 714-741-5192.

Engineering has 3 sections: Land Development, Capital Projects, and Traffic.
Be sure to call 811 and notify Underground Service Alert before you dig!

Land Development

The Land Development Section is responsible for property research assistance, street and grading permits and plan review. Home Owners and Developers please read the frequently asked questions:


  • Encroachment Permit Application
  • Grading General Notes(doc)
  • Water General Notes
  • Sewer General Notes(doc)
  • Utility Contacts
  • Environmental

    Capital Improvements

    The Capital Improvement Section is responsible for the design and construction management of approximately $17 million public infrastructure improvements. For more information on Open Bids and Construction Status Updates, please click here.



    The Traffic Section is responsible for traffic impacts, and coordinating the City's 136 traffic signals and traffic complaint resolution.

    Want to know the traffic volume in your area?
    Click here:
    24-Hour Traffic Volume Map

    2008 speed survey map

    Do you have a traffic issue in your area? The City's Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program may help.

    The goals of this program are to:

    • Reduce the number of car crashes, deaths, and injuries on our streets
    • Reduce the number of motorists who drive at excessive speeds
    • Reduce speeding by providing a "Garden Grove Safe" hotline number: (714) 741-5777
    • Improve the use of safety belts and enforce the State's Child Passenger Safety Law
    • Develop community support for this program
    • Reduce cut-through traffic

    The Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program is divided into three (3) phases

    Phase 1:

    • Call the "Garden Grove Safe" telephone number to report speed violators.
    • 1st offense: staff sends "friendly letter"
    • 2nd offense: another "friendly letter" is sent noting violation
    • 3rd offense: neighborhood police officer will drop by to discuss driving habits

    Phase 2:

    • Addresses neighborhood traffic concerns by taking minor measures such as the installation of signs, striping, and/or pavement marking (four to eight weeks implementation).

    Phase 3:

    • Pursued if Phase 1 and 2 are ineffective
    • Addresses traffic concerns with more restrictive physical measures, such as road islands
    • Petition must be signed by 80% of property owners fronting the street in question. *NOTE: Petition does not guarantee approval.

    Contact Engineering Division: 714-741-5192.

  •  Translate Page X
11222 Acacia Parkway, Garden Grove, CA 92840 - 714-741-5375
Mo-Th: 7:30am-5:30pm & Alt. Fr: 7:30am-5:00pm - Webmaster - Web Policy