Engineering has 3 sections: Land Development, Capital Projects, and Traffic.
Be sure to call 811 and notify Underground Service Alert before you dig!
The Land Development Section is responsible for property research assistance, street and grading permits and plan review. Home Owners and Developers please read the frequently asked questions:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Project Research (record documents)
- 2007 Standard Plans
- ACAD files (DWG) for GG Title sheet and Plan - Profile
- ADA access ramps per Caltrans Stds.
- City of Garden Grove Easement Right of Way Deed
- Encroachment Permit Application
- Grading General Notes(doc)
- Water General Notes
- Sewer General Notes(doc)
- Utility Contacts
- Environmental Initial Screening Front Counter Form(doc)
- GG PRIORITY Project WQMP Checklist (doc)
- Model SWPPP
- OC Model WQMP information here
- GG Non-Priority WQP Template (doc)
- GG WQMP Template (doc)
- WQMP Worksheets from OC TGD (doc)
- Green Bldg Code Infiltration/ SWPPP Stds.
- Reduce the number of car crashes, deaths, and injuries on our streets
- Reduce the number of motorists who drive at excessive speeds
- Reduce speeding by providing a "Garden Grove Safe" hotline number: (714) 741-5777
- Improve the use of safety belts and enforce the State's Child Passenger Safety Law
- Develop community support for this program
- Reduce cut-through traffic
- Call the "Garden Grove Safe" telephone number to report speed violators.
- 1st offense: staff sends "friendly letter"
- 2nd offense: another "friendly letter" is sent noting violation
- 3rd offense: neighborhood police officer will drop by to discuss driving habits
- Addresses neighborhood traffic concerns by taking minor measures such as the installation of signs, striping, and/or pavement marking (four to eight weeks implementation).
- Pursued if Phase 1 and 2 are ineffective
- Addresses traffic concerns with more restrictive physical measures, such as road islands
- Petition must be signed by 80% of property owners fronting the street in question. *NOTE: Petition does not guarantee approval.
The Capital Improvement Section is responsible for the design and construction management of approximately $15 million public infrastructure improvements, which include more than 12 projects citywide. Please check the Sewer and Water sections for additional construction projects.
The Traffic Section is responsible for traffic impacts, and coordinating the City's 136 traffic signals and traffic complaint resolution.
Want to know the traffic volume in your area?
24-Hour Traffic Volume Map
SPEED SURVEY MAP
2008 speed survey map
Do you have a traffic issue in your area? The City's Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program may help.
The goals of this program are to:
The Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program is divided into three (3) phases
Contact Engineering Division: 714-741-5192.
| Translate Page||X|