The Garden Grove Historical Society
This sign marks the entrance of the Garden Grove Historical Society's Stanley Ranch Museum Historical Village.
In 1970, Agnes Stanley donated two acres to the Garden Grove Historical Society. This house, Arthur's barn, tank house and her son Emerson's home were also donated to the Garden Grove Historical Society. The two acre property is now known as the Stanley Ranch Museum and some of Garden Grove's oldest homes and business buildings have been moved to this location. Maintenance is done by members through contributions of time, financial donations and income from fundraisers. The Stanley Ranch Museum is owned by the Garden Grove Historical Society which is a private nonprofit organization and receives no government funding. You can reach the Garden Grove Historical Society at 714-530-8871.
The Ware-Stanley House, completed in 1892, is the focus home at the museum. Also included at the site are homes dating from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. Garden Grove's first post office, opened in 1877; the Electric Shoe Shop/Barber Shop; and Garden Grove's #1 fire engine, a 1926 American La France, are part of the exhibits. One of the most popular attractions is the Walt Disney Studio Garage which was relocated to the former ranch site in the 1980's.
| Translate Page||X|