The barn was built in 1922. On the southwest side is the farm shop and tool storage. Since there were no special shops in town to repair most items, a farmer had to repair his own. Mr. Stanley used his Mormon handcart to carry tools and seeds around the ranch. The remainder of the barn is used for storage of used books and magazines which are donated to be sold at the Barn and Used Book Sales held in May and October to raise funds for operating the museum.