The building is a replica of the first fire station located on Garden Grove Blvd. east of Nelson St. It houses Garden Grove's first fire truck, a 1926 La France, as well as memorabilia from the volunteer days. The department was volunteer until the incorporation of the city in 1956. This building was made possible by donations of time and money from the Garden Grove Fireman's Association in partnership with the Historical Society.