Garden Grove Lumber Building was the original structure for the lumber business founded in 1905 by W.M. Jencks. H.A. Lake bought the business in 1910 and the business was in the Lake family for three generations. Louis Lake, son of H.A. Lake was Garden Grove's first mayor and ran the business for many years. In 1977, the building was donated by Louis Lake's son. The building was originally located at Taft and Ocean (Garden Grove Boulevard).