Time in Office
Elected to City Council in 2016
City Hall Phone
Council Member Diedre Thu-Ha Nguyen was elected to the Garden Grove City Council on November 8, 2016. Born in Saigon, Vietnam, she has been a resident of Garden Grove since 1995, and stays actively involved in her community.
Council Member Nguyen works as a Supervisor for the Hematology Oncology Department at Quest Diagnostics Inc., Nichols Institute.
A lifelong Vietnamese community activist and voice for the Vietnamese community, Council member Nguyen has also served as a board member for the Lunar New Year TET Parade/Festival, board member for the South Vietnamese Marines Charity Association, and Vice Chair for the 2013 Hurricane Haiyan, Philippines Fund Raising. Her professional affiliations include the American Society for Clinical Pathology CG(ASCP)CM, MB(ASCP)CM.
A second degree Hapkido Blackbelt, Council Member Nguyen is married with three children. Her hobbies include promoting youth leadership skills and mentoring various youth organizations, supporting her son’s Taekwondo competition team, and enjoying motorcycling with her husband.
To keep Garden Grove a great place to live, work, and raise a family by improving public safety and strengthening critical public and government resources/infrastructure necessary to maintain and grow our city and communities. In addition, fostering collaboration among diverse relationships from Garden Grove business districts, arts and cultural heritage organizations, and youth organizations, in order to strengthen the involvement between various communities and city government.
- University of California, Irvine - B.S. in Biological Sciences
- California State University Dominguez Hills - Master of Sciences, MS in Clinical Genetics
- Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist, California Licensed (CGMBS)
- Clinical Cytogeneticist Scientist, California Licensed (CCS)
- Board Member for the Lunar New Year TET Parade/Festival
- Board Member for the South Vietnamese Marines Charity Association
- Vice Chair for the 2013 Hurricane Haiyan, Philippines Fund Raising
Garden Grove Resident