The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has certain requirements of Section 8 rental assistance recipients. Participation in the Section 8 program, as well as housing assistance, may be terminated if any of the following requirements are not met:

· You must report changes in family income (increases or decreases), sources of income, family composition (addition or deletion of family members) or changes in student status for dependent(s) over the age of eighteen within 3 weeks using Change Report Form. Failure to report any changes to the Housing Authority constitutes fraud, and is grounds for termination of assistance as well as criminal prosecution.

· You must give a 30-day Written Notice to your owner before you intend to move if the terms of your lease allows. You must notify the Housing Authority before vacating the rental unit. Give the Housing Authority a copy of any move notice from the owner.

Tenant Rights During Foreclosure

For more information, please call the Housing Authority at (714) 741-5150. Garden Grove Housing Authority is located at 11277 Garden Grove Blvd. (at Civic Center Drive), Suite 101C in Garden Grove.