On November 14, 1995 Garden Grove City Hall opened for services at its present location, 11222 Acacia Parkway. Renovation of the Clark building, which formerly housed the Orange County Transportation Authority, provides the public with more efficient access to services. A receptionist/volunteer greets visitors in the main entry. Centralized also on the first floor are counters for recreation registration, cashier services, and a permit center.
- The original City Hall, built in 1924 and located two blocks east of the current City Hall, was originally George Washington Elementary School. In 1956, the newly-incorporated City purchased the building for $1 to serve as Garden Grove City Hall.
- Purchase of the new location, originally the Ralph B. Clark Building (named after former supervisor Ralph B. Clark), from the Orange County Transportation Authority, was made on December 27, 1993 for nearly $1.2 million. Renovation work reduced the building to a shell leaving only the elevator and major plumbing features in the interior. Major improvements included construction of a 2,640 square-foot addition at the back of the building's first floor, replacement of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, rewiring for computer and telephone support, and redesign of offices to provide an open workspace configuration.
- Incorporated into the design and structure of the interior were elements of Garden Grove's history. The wood structure behind the receptionist area is symbolic of a train depot. The curved arch behind the north end of the Development and Permits Center symbolizes the church. And, the square entrance doors located on either side of the Development and Permits Center represent the school. All three institutions were fundamentally important in establishing Garden Grove as a successful and prosperous village.
- Throughout the three floors of City Hall are displays with special themes for public viewing. The Historic Gallery, on the first floor, records events and images of early Garden Grove. The Cultural Gallery, on the third floor, showcases gifts from Garden Grove's Sister City, Anyang, Republic of Korea. The Mayor's Gallery, in the City Council Conference Room on the third floor, presents photographs of all mayors who have served the community since incorporation on June 18, 1956.