The badge currently worn by Garden Grove Police Officers is the first to be designed by members of the Department. In the background is the old City Hall, which was built in 1926 as a school and was purchased for $1.00 in 1956 to serve as City Hall. Before the current Police Department facility was built, City Hall also served as Police headquarters. The building was demolished in 1996.
In the center foreground is a shield. In the upper left portion of the shield is the original logo for the City of Garden Grove (with a representation of the old City Hall), and in the lower right, the current logo for the City (the stylized "G"). The upper right portion of the shield shows the original star badge worn by the Garden Grove Police; the lower left shows the eagle badge previously worn by the Police Officers and currently worn by the civilian members of the department.