December 13, 2016
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTING POLICY
Thank you for engaging with the Garden Grove Fire Department on social media. The Garden Grove Fire Department uses social media to provide an online information source focused on City of Garden Grove and Garden Grove Fire Department issues, projects, news and events, and is not intended as a public forum. We welcome comments, questions, and ideas from all sides. While our goal is to foster engaging, informative, and productive conversations, we also expect an acceptable degree of respectfulness and civility from all parties.
Our social media manager responds to questions as soon as possible, and monitors all comments during regular business hours. We reserve the right, but do not have an obligation, to delete any comments deemed inappropriate. Our failure to immediately comment upon, or remove a submission, as well as our use of the specific social media account’s acknowledgement or response features, should never be seen as an endorsement.
A comment may be deleted if it:
- Is not topically related to the posting being commented upon;
- Uses abusive, vulgar, offensive, profane, sexual, threatening or defamatory language or content; uses terms that target specific individuals or groups based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability; or suggests or supports illicit or potentially harmful activity;
- Contains commercial advertisement or solicitations, or political endorsements of a person, entity, issue or cause;
- Contains a malicious code, virus, or any other item that may interfere or disrupt the City of Garden Grove’s technology services, servers, computer systems, or networks.
- Compromises the safety or security of the public or public systems, or employees of the City.
For official business and any feedback requiring prompt action or a formal reply, we welcome you to contact the Garden Grove Fire Department Administration directly via: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (714) 741-5600 during business hours. If you have an emergency, call 911.