The Water Services Division of the Public Works Department is comprised of the Water and Sanitation Sections. The City is dedicated to providing quality services to the residents of Garden Grove. The goal of the Water Services Section is to provide sufficient and safe water at the lowest possible cost to the City’s residents. To meet this goal, we believe it is our responsibility to provide the public proper guidance and education on all aspects of water.
We know that our water resources aren’t limitless, more so now because of the severe drought our state is facing. We all have to do our part to protect and conserve water to alleviate our immediate conditions and continue these practices to help ensure a sustainable environment for the future. In response, the City has declared Stage 2 Mandatory Conservation Water Alert.
Significant changes have been added to the existing Garden Grove Municipal Ordinance governing water conservation requirements. These changes take effect on August 14, 2015 and includes:
- Automated outdoor irrigation is permitted ONLY on Tuesdays and Saturdays before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. for all water customers.
- Watering by use of a hand-water shut-off nozzle is permitted any day.
For more information on current restrictions, please refer to the Updated Water Conservation Ordinance.
- Water Operation
- Water Conservation
- Water Quality Section
- Capital Improvement Projects
- 2015 Urban Water Management Plan
- History of Water Use in Garden Grove
- Water Services Links
- Orange County Water District Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings
- Orange County Monthly Water Supply Report - August 2016
(Repairs, Administration, Engineering, Operations, Sanitation, and Water Quality)
Garden Grove Municipal Service Center
13802 Newhope Street
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(Billing Inquiries, Water Payments, New Accounts and Turn-on/Disconnect)
Garden Grove City Hall
11222 Acacia Parkway
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Closed every other Friday*
Water Emergency Services: During Business Hours: (714) 741-5395
After Business Hours: (714) 741-5704 (This number is answered by the Police Department)