All animal field and licensing services are provided by the City of Garden Grove under Garden Grove Animal Care Services.
Garden Grove Animal Care Services
Garden Grove Municipal Service Center
13802 Newhope Street
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Phone: (714) 741-5565
The on-duty/on-call animal care officer is automatically notified when a voicemail message is left and will determine the level of response necessary. For after-hours emergencies, call Garden Grove Police Department at (714) 741 - 5704.
Animal shelter services are provided by the OC Humane Society.
Orange County Humane Society
21632 Newland Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Hours: M-F: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Follow these tips to help you prepare your pet for the 4th of July:
- • Have a Garden Grove animal license and a personal ID tag on your pet at all times.
- • Have your pet micro chipped with your current information (see your vet for details).
- • Make sure that fencing around your property is secured and gates are closed and latched.
- • Remove items away from your walls that will allow your pet to escape over your fence.
- • Try to keep your pets indoors on the 4th or book a kennel for the night.
- • Your vet may be able to prescribe calming medication for your pet.
Pet Alert Window Decals Now Available to Garden Grove Residents Only
In the event of an emergency, Garden Grove Animal Care’s pet rescue decal alerts rescue personnel that pets are inside your home or apartment. Call or email Garden Grove Animal Care Services at (714) 741-5565 or email@example.com to request a free decal. Please provide your name and mailing address. (NOTE: Must Have a City of Garden Grove Address to receive decal.)