The City of Garden Grove recommends that residents take the following steps to discourage unwanted cats and wildlife on their property:
- Keep trash cans covered at all times
- Remove fallen fruit from trees on the property
- Remove pet food dishes after feeding
- Keep yards free from excessive brush and overgrown vegetation
- Don't attract wildlife or cats by feeding them
- Make changes to fencing to keep wildlife out
- Consider animal repellant products
Effective immediately, if you have trapped a wild animal, you may release it or contact a state-licensed trapping or pest control service for assistance.
Garden Grove Animal Care Services will attempt to capture wild animals that are injured or pose a direct threat to public health and safety.