Office of Economic Development
The Economic Development Division is charged with carrying out the mission of the City’s economic development program: to strengthen and grow the city’s economic base. To that end, the Economic Development Division works to accomplish the following economic development related goals through the implementation of various economic development programs:
- increase the city’s tax base,
- create and retain jobs within in the city,
- address sales tax leakage,
- diversify the sales tax base,
- create new markets within the city, and
- build local and regional relationships to aid in the advancement of the Economic Development Mission.