At the January 24, 2017 Garden Grove City Council meeting, the Public Works Department introduced an ongoing water rate study during the City Council Study Session.
The presentation provided an overview of water system facilities, the City's existing water rates, and the financial status of the City's Water Utility.
The presentation also reviewed water utility revenues and expenses, defined water system repairs and improvements, "budget-based" water rates, and Proposition 218 compliance.
The study will provide a 5-year plan for future water rates.
Additional City Council study sessions will be scheduled prior to making any determinations regarding a possible water rate increase taking effect this year. All City Council study sessions are open to the public.
Below is an initial timeframe outlining key steps in the process, with specific dates to be announced.
- Study begins: November 2016
- First City Council study session: January 2017
- Future City Council study sessions: 2nd and 3rd Quarter 2017
- Public engagement: Spring and Summer 2017
- Draft results: 3rd Quarter 2017
- Council decisions on how to proceed: 4th Quarter 2017
- Rate changes, if any, go into effect: 1st Quarter 2018
This page will be updated with the most current information and schedules.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Public Works Director
Phone: (714) 741-5379.
Garden Grove Water Rate Inquiry Hotline: (714) 741-5520